Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday

Good morning everyone.

Culinary word of the day: oeufs a la neige (OUF ah lah nehzh)

I have to tell you I went way out of my box yesterday before the day was over.  I had watched every tear jerk er movie that there was on TV last night and almost couldn't stand it anymore and then moved on to the show called "Coming Home" ... very happy/sad cry type show ... so, I said to myself at 1 AM that I needed to get out of here and here some music and see some people and breath in some fresh air so I decided to go up to the corner and see my friend.  I have to tell you that since I do not do these things anymore ever that I walked in and the music was up way loud and the door was open and Keego was rocking.  But as far as seeing people ... I was one of the only ones out that late/early at night except for my friend.  She needed help with cleaning and closing up and I wasn't ready to go home again so I pitched in and we had a good time working together.  She did all the icky stuff (bathrooms) and I did the bar area and we were done at 5 AM and I was home again.  Thank you Karen for putting me to work and keeping me out for a while!

Congratulations Jodie and Russell!  I wish you all the best in your life together!

I am watching Hurricane Irene coverage and I am so happy that I am not on the East Coast and I am feeling so bad for all of those people that don't have any power and who have damage.  I will be checking in with my friends on the NJ Shore later to see how they are.  I will pray for everyone.  I hope that this is not an indication of a bad Hurricane Season.

Not too much to do today but get things ready to go back to school tomorrow ... which I am looking very much forward too!  I cleaned out my entire knife kit so it will be ready to go and now I have to wash my uniform and that will be done and I guess later I will go over "Nutrition" again and see if I can remember some of it.  I will be glad when that test is over and then the next one will be on "MATH" and I know that I will be in way over my head for that one ... it may not be an "A" for me on that one.  I just do not get it or understand it ...

Meaning for Culinary word of the day: French for snow eggs(what in the heck is a snow egg?) and used to describe the dessert known in United States as floating island.

Take care everyone and have a great day.  Signing off for now from 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment