Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Storm was brewing

Good evening everyone.  I just wanted to share with you what I finally decided to do this afternoon with all of this extra time on my hands.  It all started when I wanted a piece of toast and didn't want to go to the store to get bread so I decided to make some ... it is oh so good too!  I made a couple of French Baguette's and I have to tell you that they turned out just as good as the good ones that you buy and not all that hard to make.  You do however have to have all of the stuff on hand to make it but the process is fairly simple and doesn't take up much time at all ... not as much as you would think.  The longest part of the entire process is the rising part and beating down and shaping and rising again ... then the egg wash and in the oven it goes with a pan of boiling water so the steam will make the crust just like the ones that you buy at the store.  I will enclose a picture so you can see for yourself.  I had two pieces of it warm out of the oven with real butter ... and wow, I have to tell you to die for ... very good.  I wish that you all could have some so you could see for yourselves. 

Anyhow, the storm was not too bad in Keego Harbor today.  Just a little wind, some hard rain but not for very long and a little thunder.  I have heard that it got pretty bad in some spots and that there are a lot of people without power.  I feel for them as it is no fun without electricity, here we are fine though.


So, until I check in tomorrow stay safe and dry.  Have a really great weekend and take care.  Signing off for now from 1HappyChef. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment