Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8.17 @ Dorsey Culinary Academy/Waterford

Good afternoon to all my fellow readers out there.  As promised I will be writing again every day that we have school so I can keep you up to day on the day to day in the Culinary world.  Today we are still making "Healthy Cooking" and today was a healthier day than yesterday.  We are really getting the hang of it now ... we should be much better after an all day of Nutrition tomorrow.   At least we should understand it better ... new book in hand and I am ready ... bring it on.  I got my review today and I am running "98%" across the board with extra points to spare.  I am very proud of my accomplishments so far in this cooking school and I plan to keep up the good work. 

Today we made Spanish Tomato Toast, Low-Fat Hummus, Indian Relish (very tasty!), Cauliflower Crostini and last was Sweet Potato Hummus.  I am enclosing pictures of all of the dishes and you can judge for yourselves.  I have to tell you though it it was all quite good because it all had a lot of spices in to take the place of what would make it good with fat and what not.  Most of the things had a lot of garlic ... garlic is good but even after brushing my teeth I still taste garlic.  Oh well ... the price you have to pay to eat healthy, right?




So, today is over and tomorrow is book work all day but I will check in when I get home to let you know how it went.  You all have a wonderful evening and I will be back tomorrow.  Signing off for now from 1HappyChef, D  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    The Oakland Press is seeking more community blogs to host on its website. Would you be interested in being featured? If so, please email: valerie.west@oakpress.com and I will give you more information.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete