Monday, August 22, 2011

1 AM and can't sleep

Good early morning everyone.  I don't know what it is about Sundays but I never can sleep on Sunday nights.  I know I need a good nights rest to do well at school on Mondays but I guess after the three days off my clock gets messed up.  I don't know what causes it, I eat and shower early and watch TV until I think I am falling asleep and as soon as I turn off the TV I am wide awake again ... I don't know what to do.  Please help ...

I talked to a few people today one of whom I have not talked to in about 10 years.  Her name is Sandy and we used to live next to each other when we were growing up.  That was a very nice surprise to catch up with her.  Then I talked to my son, Shane.  He just got married a year ago to a girl named Sandy.  They used to live in UT and now just about 1 month ago they moved to PA.  They are planning to come and see me and stay with me the last week in Sept. so that will be very exciting.  I have not seen him in about 5 years now so I am very much looking forward to their visit.  And then last I talked to my very best friend in the entire world ... Pinky.  She lives with her husband Bob on the NJ Shore. They have an absolutely breathtaking spot on a pie shaped lot that has the Inter- coastal waterways on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other side. Over the almost 30 years that we have been friends (we lived in the same condo complex in FL right on the South Grand Canal on the Ocean side) she has always been there for me and supported me in anyway that she could and now she is having many medical problems and I wish that I were a little closer so I could help and support her.  Maybe when I am finished with school and if something changes I will get a chance to see/help/support her again for all of the kindness that she has shown me over all of these years?  I know that the first person who I should see/help/support if anything changes is my MOTHER.  Right now she is my biggest supporter in everything school ... she is even helping me with the monthly payments.  Thank you MOM always, I do appreciate everything that you do for me and your continued love gets me through everyday.

Well, I usually do not write about things that are so very personal and close to my heart but someone not too long ago said that I should put a little bit more about me in it to make it more personal.  I was just writing about school experiences and the day to day cooking but I wasn't saying much about the person going and doing this ... so, tonight because I could not sleep you got a little piece of me so maybe that will help you understand the "blog" a little more.

I was married to the "love of my life", and I was going to do anything to make him happy and he loved to eat so I guess that you could say that I started cooking to please him.  To see that big smile on his face ... I could give him anything and he always said that he loved it (even if it were burned and I knew it was bad ... he would sing my praises).  The more that he pretended to love it (there was some to love occasionally) the more I cooked and the better I got at it and the more I loved it and .... here we are now.  He is not with us any longer but I am sure that he is up there being very proud of me.  Hell, I am very proud of me for what I have done in the first 6 months ... straight "A's", perfect attendance, I have made the Dean's List and I have gotten 2 Competency awards ... more awards to come in 4 weeks from now.

I am taking this very seriously and I can't wait to finish and see where this takes me ... maybe into a cooking job, maybe to school for another year ... who knows what the future holds?  All I do know for now is that I finally have a reason to get up in the morning and be proud of the way I am spending my day and how well I am doing ... it will all work out as it should when it is suppose to, right?  Maybe I will become a famous writer?

Getting tired, hope that I can sleep now.  Catch up with you tomorrow after class with some pictures.  Have a great sleep ... over 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment