Monday, August 22, 2011

Healthy Eating Monday

A very good afternoon to everyone out there.  Boy, I sure was tired today from not getting any sleep at all last night.  Early to bed for me tonight ... I will miss Bachelor Pad ... oh NO!

This Healthy Eating portion of this class is getting much easier to understand and a lot less complicated.  Today my team (table 1 as we are called) made Tofu Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Veg. stock, Sweet Potato soup and my greatest achievement from today is the Pita Bread.  I had never made it before and you should see (you will see a picture will be attached of everything) but the process it not too difficult and only one rise and then you make little balls and roll them out thin in little circles and then right into the open ... 5-7 minutes and walla.  It was so amazing to see them rise up and get the holes in the middle so when you cut them in half they will be little pockets.  Simply amazing ... I am liking this healthy cooking better and better as time goes by.
Tomorrow will be more of the same but we are making many different kinds of "gluten free bread".  Today we have to mix the flour mixtures so we would be ready in the morning to just start on bread and of course there will be more soup too.

Have a great night everyone and take care.  Signing off from 1HappyChef ... :)

Isn't that just the coolest looking Pita Bread that you ever saw?  I can take it ... let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment