Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Hurricane Irene
Good morning everyone.  I think that we are having a better morning then the people in the Hurricane's path.  I will pray for all of them as I have been around some hurricane's myself living for 6-7 months of each year for past 25-30 years in Florida.  It can be very scary and you can not even imagine the devastation if you have not experienced it ever.  It is a terrible thing to have to go through and with the state that the country is in already ... this storm is not a welcome one.  And the Hurricane season is just beginning.  I will pray that the season is a light one and that all of the people make it through the winds and water of Irene.

Culinary word for today: prik dong (preek dong)

Not too much to report today.  I have to do some cleaning of my apartment today and get some things ready to go back to school on Monday.  We will have another long weekend next week because of the Labor Day weekend so there will be extra time to do things that don't get done.

Last night I stayed up and finished the recipes for the PLM News Letter.  I think that they will like it very much.  I gave them a Potato and Leek Soup recipe and a Mexican-American Corn Bread to go with it (very easy to make) and a Peach and Ice Cream Dessert recipe to finish off the meal. 

I have asked my gal-pal (Angie) to come over to study today but I don't know yet if she is able to make it.  But the last time that we studied we got way ahead of the game and it made the class a lot easier.  She is also a very good student and I enjoy working with her.

Well, for now I will leave you and pray for all of the people in Hurricane Irene's wake. I just heard that she made land-fall in NC and it is moving north.  Best of wishes to my friends on the NJ Shore.  Please stay safe.

Word of the day meaning: A Thai bottled chile sauce made from chiles, onions, apricots, lemon, garlic and vinegar. Sounds very good, doesn't it?

For now ... be safe and stay well.  Have a good morning ... good bye for now from 1HappyChef.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment