Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday @ Dorsey in Waterford



Hello everyone, I hope that everyone is doing well this week.  It has cooled a little so at least the weather is a little nicer.  Today we are still working on cakes, pies and tarts, decorating cakes and icings, butter creams and other fillings, and then there are pie fillings and then all of the specially things that can go with cakes.  Today was my first attempt ever to decorate a cake so it was quite an experience.  First you get it out of the cooler (you made it yesterday and mine was a yellow sponge) and then you cut it into 2-3 layers and fill with a filling, mine was filled with chocolate Bavarian creamed laced with raspberry sauce ... very good.  Then you put that on each layer and then you put back in the cooler to make it stable ... especially if it is very warm where you are working.  Then you bring it out again after a while and cover with a crumb coat of butter cream and back into the cooler it goes.  Then back out again for the final icing and then back into the cooler while you decide how you are going to decorate/finish it to make it pretty.  I will enclose pictures to show you how I finished mine ... Chef said that would get me an "A" for mid-term test next Wed.  Lets hope and pray that I can do it again just the same .... under pressure I am not sure it can be done.  Anyhow, that is all that I have to report for now so have a wonderful afternoon and I will catch up with you again tomorrow.  Signing off for now from 1HappyChef.

No comments:

Post a Comment