Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting better and better everyday!

Good afternoon to everyone out there.  Today school was so much fun ... we made "Danish Dough" and it is quite a process ... kind of like you make "puffed pastry" from scratch ... folding and putting in more butter and folding and putting in more butter and on and on.  Also, we made some NOFB ... "French Bread" with a little twist and I have to tell you the dough was beautiful.  It is hard to describe what that means beautiful dough but when it is made right and worked right and kneaded just to perfection and then is rises and you punch it down and you let it rise again and then finally after a couple of hours you are almost ready to made the bread.  You really know that you have done something wonderful if you can get through this entire process ... yes in Deedee.  So, tomorrow we are in class all day and then there is a special credit class on Friday because we are cooking for 80 people (I am not sure where they are coming from) but they asked us today if we wanted to be a part of it ... I would like to be ... yep.  And of course there are those who always say they will be there and never show up so we will see the turn out ... I would bet not too many.  Also today we had a mishap and it upset our Chef very much and I understand exactly.  The class that I am in is about 1/2 of people who care or are there to learn.  He is trying his hardest to change that but it is going slow and I can see that it is difficult for him ... but I give him a lot of credit for trying to make it a better class ... Thank you Chef David.  So, that is all I've got for now so I will say good night and I will check in again tomorrow with some more pictures for you to see.  Signing off from 1HappyChef ... so long and have a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment