Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday @ Dorsey in Waterford



Good afternoon everyone.  Pretty good day today but am getting a little sweeted out.  All of the cakes and frosting's and doughs and sugar and more sugar and more sugar.  This frosting that we made today was the best ever but a heart attach waiting to happen.  1 pound of eggs whites and 1 pound of sugar over a double broiler until the sugar melts and then you put it in the mixer with whisk attachment and whip it for 10 minutes or so until stiff peaks and then very slowley you incorporate 3 pounds of room temp. butter into that and mix well.  It is the smoothest, creamest best stuff ever ... but wow.  I will put some pictures with this post.  Tomorrow we are doing pies and tarts ... different kind of sugar .. oh, and I forgot we are decorating all of the rest of the cakes that me made today.  I am thinking that "Healthy Foods" will be a welcome change coming up very soon ... maybe my ateries won't get too over clogged?  So, for now there isn't anything else to report so I will sign off from 1HappyChef.  Have a really great evening everyone.  I will check in tomorrow with really big news ... I made the "Dean's List" and am getting an award ... very exciting ... yes, very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment