Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday BBQ

Hello to all of my readers.  Lots to share with you today.  

Yesterday we had this big brunch buffet and today we had a BBQ buffet.

I do have to report that both days were incredible .... each in their own way.  The brunch was all sort of lunch/breakfast items with homemade sausage and some Grav Lox for good measure.  There were coffeecakes, pound cakes, fruit danish, muffins, assorted crepes, breakfast burritos, quiche, South West turkey sausage, crab cakes, salmon, beef wellingtons frittatas and creme brulees.  If that doesn't sound good I don't know what would.


For the BBQ brunch we had 3 different kinds of ribs (my team made the Kansas City kind), also my team smoked 5 chickens, and we also had beef brisket, braised greens, macaroni salad, vinaigrette slaw, smashed sweet potatoes, potato salad, smoked sausage, grilled corn on the cob, black eyed peas, banana pudding, bread pudding and 3 different cheesecakes (my team did a sweet potato cheesecake).  I can not even tell you how good all of these things were but I do have to admit that on Tuesday when we got the menu for the week I thought that we were goners.  With a lot of help from Chef Abbey we did it and we did a good job of it.  Thank you Chef Abbey for all of your help this week!


My smoked chicken ... ummmmm!
Today we also got our reviews for the mod so far ... sort of like a progress report.  I am happy to report that I am still caring an "A", which I though would be near impossible this mod but looks like I am going to be OK with all of the change.  Chef Abbey has been a very pleasant surprise ... thank you for all of your time and help.

Three different kinds of BBQ ribs.
Tomorrow they are having a special help day at school and normally I would help out but I just need some time off of my feet.  My back has been killing me and not to mention that I still am dealing with the "China Restaurant Project" and that is taking everything that I have to keep that going week to week so I don't fall behind.  So, I have decided to just stay home for the entire weekend and try and get ahead of the game with that.

I was right in the middle of this and our power went off for about 2 hours, I am so thankful that this blog post got saved before that happened and I didn't have to start over.  I hate living in an all electric apartment when this happens as you can't eat or anything.  What a pain ... we used to be able to BBQ on our decks when the power went down but now the City of Keego Harbor says no more BBQing on your deck ... fire hazard.  Boo hoo!


At the end of the day at school today I asked anyone if they had anything to add or if they had a quote that I could put in or something and this is what I got ... "The Cake is Baked".

So for now it is good night for me.  Have a really great night everyone and I will post more tomorrow.  Signing off for now from 1HappyChef.  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment