Sunday, October 30, 2011

Acorn Squash Soup

Acorn Squash Soup
Hi again everyone.  It is me again and I just wanted to tell you that I did make the Acorn Squash Soup in my Vitamix and it was to die for.  I have to tell you ... it was so good, so comforting, and oh so warm on a cool day.  Here is how I did it:

2 Acorn Squash
1 12oz. can Carnation condensed milk
1 T. Clover honey
Pinch of Rosemary
dash Cinnamon
dash Nutmeg
S & P TT

First I cut the acorn squash in half and put in an oven for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees to get the squash soft.  When that happened I took them out of the oven and let cool just slightly so I could work with them.

I scraped out every bit of goodness and put in Vitamix container and then put in all of the rest of the ingredients listed above.  After putting the top on tight I let it rip until it was nice and smooth and oh so good! 
If it is a little thick for you just add a little more milk to thin it out.

Also, you don't need a Vitamix to do this ...(one of the only advantages of a Vitamix is that it cooks/heats it up as it is blending it) or you could use a blender or a hand blender or even a food processor or maybe you just might like it a little more lumpy and you want to just mash it together with a potato masher, and just heat it up in a pan or nuke it for a minute or two ... however you do it ... I am so sure that you will enjoy it when it is done.

I also think (and this is just a personal opinion)I believe that the left overs will keep in the fridge for about a week and I also think that you could freeze it without any trouble.

I just wanted to share this with you so if you had a couple of acorn squash laying around and you didn't know what you were going to do with them ... then this would be a very good thing and very healthy too.

Have a great day and I will catch up with you again tomorrow after school.  I was just looking for the Lion's game and can't find it so when are they playing?  I thought it was now ... anyhow ... Go Lion's!  Good bye for now from 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment