Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mexican Thursday

Good afternoon to all of your wonderful people out there reading my blog.  I appreciate it so very much that you are interested in the day to day at Dorsey Culinary Academy.  Some times it is a very good ride and sometimes not so much.  I am hoping that everyone out there is enjoying this wonderful afternoon and this fairly nice weather.  Especiales abrazos y besos a usted mi amigo muy especial... esperan que el día es un maravilloso!

Chicken Kiev
Too bad for our Detroit Tigers ... but they are not out of it yet.  Anything can happen.  However it works out ...The Detroit Tigers have given us quite a show this season and they have made us proud.  They are doing a good job!

So, today at school.  What a day ... rush, rush and more rushing.  I think that it is a great deal of stuff to do in one lunch setting and then have all of the clean up when everyone has eaten.  

Chili Relines
First of all I am so sorry that I did not take a better picture of the Chicken Kiev.  You can not see the full effect of it by the picture but I am here to tell you again that it is very good.  

Chili Relines ... well, I did not think that I would even like them when I was grinding two kinds of meat and mixing it all together with the spices
Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and fruit
Lobsters
but I have to tell you ... I was so hungry that when he said we could eat the first thing I grabbed was one of the Relines (only because it was deep-fried) so how bad could it be, right?  It had both pork and beef in them with jalapeno peppers, onions and a whole lot of spices and wow, what a nice surprise.  Not too hot ... just right and very very tasty.

The buffet with the Beef Wellington, Prime Rib and fruit and of course the Lobsters are not anything that I did.  They were a part of the buffet and I just thought that I would share the pictures with you.  I did not eat any of those things so I can not comet on how they were but I did hear teachers going around all afternoon saying how wonderful that it all way.  I think that the 10 class mates and myself kicked some butt this week and i am patting us on the back for a job well done!  A special thank you to Angie for bringing Table 1, team 1 a Mexican tablecloth for our buffet ... it was a very nice touch!

So, I know that I said that I wasn't going to do anymore special credit stuff for awhile, I said that I was going to take a break, right?  Well, I think that I have decided to go to a class tomorrow called:"How to succeed in Culinary School".  I think that I already know most of this information but it never hurts to review does it?  I believe that I a already this type of student but who knows ... maybe I can still learn something new?  If I do or I don't it is only a three hour class and I get 5 bonus points ... in case I need them in the future for something. 

I will be saying good afternoon for now as I have to get dressed (out of uniform) and go and get some coffee and get some oil in my car.  Have a really great day and I will post again tomorrow.  Bye for now from 1HappyChef. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment