Monday, October 3, 2011

Monday

Good afternoon everyone.  Hope that everyone is enjoying their day and the sunshine.  When I left for school this morning it was a little nippy but when I got out it was just beautiful out.  Way to go all of our MI teams yesterday ... good job all of you!

Dana Burnstein, Denise and Diana Lewis (WXYZ)
Today was our first day back after a 10 day break and they switched things up on us this MOD.  We used to be in the kitchen on Mon., Tues. and Wed.. and then had classroom on Thursday but now we have classroom on Monday and then are in the kitchen the other 3 days.  It will confuse me for awhile but I am sure that I will eventually get it ... or else.

This is going to be very different.  It will be all about different regions in the Country ... my region will be "China" they told me today so basically my next 12 weeks will be based on this region.  Next Monday I have to have a 10 minute oral report done all about China, the culture and the food they eat and why.  Good thing I had that speech the other day and had to speak in front of 310 people to get me used to talking in front of people.  It should be a breeze to give a report to 15 other students, right?

We also got not one but two new instructors ... For the Monday classroom we will have Chef Daniel and for the hands on in the kitchen we will have the one and only Chef Abbey.  He is very smart and I know that I will learn a lot from him.  I don't know how much I will learn in Chef Daniel's class as most of it is "math" and we all know how much I like that .... not so much but I promise that I will do my best.

So, as I promised yesterday the posts and pictures will start regular tomorrow and everyday from now on.  I am sorry that I slacked off for a short time but I didn't want to write and bore you so I waited.

Go Detroit Tiger's tonight ... give us another win!
Good bye for now from 1HappyChef.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment