Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Restaurant Project

Good Sunday morning to everyone.  Hope that your weekend is planned and you are enjoying your time off.

This is week two of the Restaurant Project.  I think as I told you before my country is China.  This week we have to come up with a name for our restaurant, a concept and a menu.

This will be the name of my restaurant. 

Peking Decker's Food Truck    

北京德克食品卡车


I have to tell you that this is not as easy as it sounds to just come up with a restaurant and then start from scratch and build it from the ground up.  I do know that I will never do this when I get out of school ... too much math involved.

I have however come up with the name and the concept and three Appetizers, two Soups, two Salads, three Entrees with Sides and two Desserts.  Not so easy in Chinese cooking because everything is almost all the same.  It all has all of the same ingredients in it ... except for some of the desserts but over all it is pretty hard to separate the rest into categories.

I will be more than happy when this faze of Culinary School is over with.  We are learning things that me personally will never use or do.  This stuff is not my cup of tea and I have decided that I just want to be a baker of fine bread in some small bakery somewhere and live happily ever after ... but this is a part of school so once again I will give it my all and see where it takes me ... probably to the looney bin but we will see.

So, for today you all have a wonderful day and I will check in tomorrow with how I did on this latest oral report.  Over and out from 1HappyChef.  :)

GO DETROIT LIONS!












No comments:

Post a Comment