Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brunch Buffet Wednesday

Good afternoon to all of my wonderful readers.  Hope that you are all having a really great day.  

Tomorrow is a "brunch buffet" and on the menu we will have:  Coffeecakes, Pound Cakes, Fruit Danish, Morning Glory Muffins, Assortment of Crapes, Breakfast Burritos, Assortment of Quiche, Grav Lox with Garnish, Breakfast Sausage, South West Turkey Sausage, Crab Cakes, Honey Fruit Salad, Salmon en C route, Mini Beef Wellingtons, Assorted Frittatas and Creme Brulees.

Table 1 or my team is responsible for 7 of those items.  We are down a team member and Angie and I are working like crazy to get all of it done on time.  Today we did pretty good.  We got the "pork butt" ground up with the spices and the patties made and ready to fry tomorrow.  We got all of our Mise en Place ready for our "sweet potato cheese cake". and we have our coffee cake and the muffins already made and ready to go.  What we will have to work on tomorrow is the Crapes, and quiche and the honey fruit salad and I can't forget about the frittatas.   I know what your are thinking it seems like we didn't do anything today but I assure you that we did a great deal.

Does anyone know what "brunch" is:  It is not quite breakfast, and it is not quite lunch, but ends with a slice of cantaloupe and you get a good meal!  

That is the plan for tomorrow to put out a very good meal that we will  call brunch.

On Thursday it will be more of the same only on Thursday it will be BBQ.  The menu for Thursday is as follows:  BBQ Ribs ... 3 different kinds., Smoked Chicken, Beef Brisket, Braised Greens, Macaroni Salad, Vinaigrette Slaw, Smashed Sweet Potatoes, Jalapeno-Cheddar Corn Bread, Potato Salad, Smoked Sausage, Grilled Corn on the Cob, Black Eyed Peas, Banana Pudding, Bread Pudding and Cheesecakes.

Of this BBQ menu my team is responsible for 6 of the items listed.  Of these we have already prepared the BBQ sauce (Kansas City sauce) and rub that is already on the 3 slab of ribs for our team.  We already have 5 chickens in a brine and so they will be ready to be smoked tomorrow.  We have everything ready for our cheese cake (sweet potato) and that just needs to be put together and baked off.

So, all in all I think that Angie and I are sitting pretty in the scheme of things.

For me it is more of the same tomorrow.  I should however have some very good pictures of the food we put out for our brunch buffet.  

I found out today that the "China" project that I am working on needs some more work because I was going to design my menu around a food truck and today I was told that I can not have a food truck so I have to start over with a real restaurant.  bummer ... I really thought that I had a good idea. I refuse to change the name ... I am going to stand my ground!

Have a really great day and night ... good bye for now from 1HappyChef. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment