Friday, October 28, 2011

Friday

Good morning to everyone this very cool morning.  How is everyone doing today?  It was a little cool this morning ... I had to put my heat on for a couple of minutes to get the chill out of here.  It could have been worse though as a nor'easter is coming across the US and NY, NJ and PA have it a lot worse than us as they are getting slammed with snow ... something that I personally am not looking forward to.  So, enough about the weather.

Not much to write about at school these days.  I am having a very hard time getting into this MOD.  It is all about things that don't interest me at all and the math is just killing me.  I am trying to do my best with it and just get through it and pass the best that I can but to tell you the truth ... I think that it is much more complicated than it has to be.   I have been a part of  a very successful bar/restaurant for 27 years with RHS and I am so sure that he had his own way of doing things that were not shared with anyone ...but, I never saw him doing the things that we are learning to make it work and be the "best bar in Keego and the State of MI"!

I also have no desire to go back there (be a part of something like that again).  I will tell you that it was the best part of my life to be a part of something so great with a person that was so wonderful and the love of my life but as we all know  ... we can't go back and capture the past.  So, when I started school it was not my intention at all to re-capture the past ... I just wanted to be a better cook. 

The first two MOD's were in comparison very easy for me and I got in this sort of comfort zone so when we started this time ... I guess that you could say that I was not prepared at all.  I mean I can still cook what they want me to cook but the Monday class just  ... well, it just seems.  

I think that the people who are in charge of designing the classes for this school should take into consideration the different type of people and cooks who might sign up for the program and perhaps offer them something else at this point if they don't plan on owning/going into business.  I had a couple of reasons for signing up for this Culinary Academy and none of the reasons were because I was going to go out there and own and operate my own ... or anyone else business.

When I signed up I was at that point looking for work and stuck in my apartment for 3 years.  With no job out there and no interaction with people because of the money situation I signed up for very different reasons that perhaps someone else. I was already a fairly decent cook (I have learned a great deal to make me a much better cook since starting school) but one of my biggest reasons for signing up for school was to be around people again.  I needed to be able to get out of my apartment and interact with people for part of my day or I was going to go crazy ... so, I started school.  

Yes, a job would be a fine reward to have at the end of this but if the 3rd MOD is so out of the realm for me I wonder if I will even pass. I just can't seem to wrap my head or heart around this anymore and up until this point I was one of the best and brightest but I see it going all down hill from here.

I guess that all I am saying is that perhaps Dorsey should take into consideration why a person is signing up in the first place and maybe make the program to be more conducive to those people and maybe more "older" people like myself who don't necessary want careers out of this but just to improve what they know would sign up ... maybe if there was another choice for the 3rd mod or maybe just modify the 3rd mod a little?

I know that I have no idea what I am talking about but Dorsey is about the enrollment and money ... if they could change the program around a little and get more people to enroll ... then why not?  I don't even know if it is possible but it just seems to me that "anything is possible" right?

I am sorry for going on and on about this today but I had to get it off of my chest ... it makes me sad that it is just black and white and there is no gray ... I really like gray and in this case it would help me a lot.  

For now have a really great day and take care all.  I will be getting back to making my "China" menu and pricing it out.  I worked for 7 hours yesterday and I have only priced out 4 things on my menu and there are 21 menu items left to do ... wonder if it will even be done by Monday?  I think that this is just crazy ....
Over and out from 1HappyChef ... going crazy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment