Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday and still pretty nice out...

Bird of Paradise ... oh so pretty!
Good afternoon to all of my readers.  Not too much to report today as today was a bookwork day in the classroom.  I personally like it much better when I can be in the kitchen cooking and taking all of the great pictures.

So today was quite a bit of math problems that will help us with our Restaurant Project ... costing and pricing it out.  I still for some reason am not getting all excited about any of it as I know that I will never do this again as soon as school is over with ... my problem though is that I want to keep my 4.0 GPA so I need to do the work in order to keep that.  I just have not figured out how to do the work without learning something.  I think that it is always wonderful to learn what you can when you have a chance but this is just too much gobble gook that will just clog up my brain.  I just can't afford to fill up my brain with stuff when I know that there will be plenty for me to learn up the road ... something that is much more interesting to me that I would really enjoy learning.  So, for now I will just do what it is that I have to do to keep up with it and learn about China along the way and hope that this time goes by really fast.

Tomorrow we are learning about "Charcuterie" what ever the heck that is?  It has words like Pate, Terrine, Mousseline, En Croute, Forcemeat, Aspic, Gallantine, Ballotine, Quenelle and Foie Gras ??????  I will read the chapter tonight and see what I can get out of it and hope that some of it sticks.  I don't know though ... the further that we get into this the harder it is to say any of the words that you are talking about.  

For me I will be ready to butcher a pig on Wednesday and get into the kitchen and see what we are going to do with it.  This is much more exciting to me than bookwork and doing things over and over that I don't understand.  I am hoping to have some good pictures for you on Wed. and Thursday as well.  I am sure that we will be doing some kind of buffet but I have not heard what it will be about yet ... it probably has something to do with "Charcuterie" no doubt. 


Have a really great rest of the day and evening.  I will have my head stuck in a book for the rest of the night ... so take care and bye for now from 1HappyChef.

No comments:

Post a Comment