Friday, September 2, 2011

Visitor coming for the Holiday

Good morning out there to all of my readers.  I am so excited today to report that I am going to have a visitor for the Holiday weekend.  My son and his new wife are coming from PA to spend the weekend with me and I can't wait.  I have not seen him in over 5 years now and I can hardly catch my breath I am so excited.  I will let you know about what we did and his visit on Monday when I check in again.

Culinary word of the day:  hyssop (Hyssopus officinales)

On a different note I have to tell you about the Breakfast Sausage Patty that I posted the other day.  First I have to tell you that while Angie and I were making it I read and reread the recipe over and over but I guess that I was just dumb struck that day because as I was writing out the recipe on the blog I realized that her and I didn't do it right at all ... in fact we left stuff out even.  The picture looked like they should look and everyone said that they tasted very good but there was important ingredients and important steps that we left entirely out ... not on purpose I will admit but never the less it was not done right.  As I was typing it out for the blog I was saying to my self ... what the heck .. we didn't do that and oh no we didn't do that and we left that out and I was wondering if I even did it at all.  I know that I was there and I know that I read it over and over but I have to tell you ... my mind and smarts must have left the building that day.  I am really surprised that my gal-pal Angie didn't catch any of the things that we really should have done.  Anyhow, I just wanted to apologize to you and tell you that the Chef said that we could make it again next week and I will post a new picture of the way it really should be and you be the judge ... let me know if you think one looks better than the other, OK?

On Wednesday we are going on a Field Trip to the Henry Ford Hospital kitchen to see what a real kitchen is all about.  We need to have questions ready to ask the Chef ... from a cooks point of view or from a patients point of view so if any of you have any questions that you would like me to ask please jot them down for me to take with me.  I have heard that this is suppose to be a state-of-the-art kitchen so folks ... what do you want to know in case you are very there long enough to get a meal? 

Yesterday was just bookwork on Nutrition and of course the lecture on the sausage and how it went wrong.  The Nutrition test is in about 12 days now and I don't know if I will ever be ready for it.  It has a lot of "big" hard to understand words in it ... I sure hope I pass.  And then right after that is Finals again.  It sure doesn't seem like 12 weeks have gone by, does it?  After finals I will be 1/2 the way done ... wow, time flies when you are having fun ... that is so true.

Well I leave you with best wishes for a happy and very safe Holiday weekend.  I have to get going as I am baking my son and his wife a cake ... just like the ones that I have been doing in school with real "butter cream" frosting.  It is going to be so good!

Be good and take care from 1HappyChef.  :)
Meaning for Culinary word of the day:  An herb with dark green leaves and deep blue or pink flowers; the leaves have a strong mint and licorice flavor and aroma and are used in salads and with fatty meats and fish.

Picture:  Mooncake Biscuit

No comments:

Post a Comment