Monday, September 19, 2011

Good evening everyone ...

Evening everyone.  Hope this finds you all well tonight.

Diving off limits!
Today was a practice day before the finals start.  I was very confused today but after about an hour I got it together and tried to figure out what I was going to do to make it better.  The way I understood it last week we could pick either chicken for fish for our meat dish .. and me not liking fish at all picked the chicken.  Boy was I ever surprised when Chef David told us today that we had to do both ... it was the first time that I was hearing this and was not prepared at all ... but, like I said I got over it and got it together.

Tomorrow we will do the chicken dish with a starch and vegetable and then take a test for CA105 and then on Wednesday we will make the fish dish with the bread, starch, vegetable and dessert.  This is what I was preparing to do so nothing has changed that much except I will have to work with the fish ... ick!  Also, tomorrow we will have a knife skills test too ... I have to tell you that my knife stills have drastically improved in the past 12 weeks.  I even hold my knife like they want us to now ... in the beginning I had a very hard time with that as I was very used to doing it my way.  And I have NOT cut my self once in the past 12 weeks ... and that is a very good thing!

So, for now I will get going.  I did not sleep very good last night so I am hoping that I am tired enough to get some sleep tonight so I can get through tomorrow and do a very good job ... I am trying very hard to be the best that I can be ... sometimes that is not so easy, ya know?
I will check in again tomorrow when I get home and maybe with a picture or two of the dishes that I made that I will be graded on.  I hope that they are picture worthy and I hope that you enjoy them.

Have a really great evening and good night from 1HappyChef.  :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment