Saturday, September 10, 2011

Stay warm and dry today.

Flower and bumble-bee
Good morning everyone.  I just wanted to check in and say HI so you did not forget about me.

Not too much to report today.  Yesterday I went to school for extra credit Math class ... I don't really need the extra credit but I do need all of the math help that I can get.  Only 3 other students showed up beside myself and it turned out to be a very informative class and I am very happy that I decided to go.

Culinary word of the day:  mead
Coming up next week ... we will be in the kitchen for one more week before finals and practicals.  I am not sure what that will be about yet as they really don't clue us in until the last minute so it is hard to be really prepared for the practicals too much.  I think though that we have to fix 2 entries, 2 starches and 2 veg. dishes and we will no doubt have to do some knife skills ... which I am getting better at by the day.  I can section an orange now with a chefs knife like a champ ... I am hoping that I do as well on the rest of the knife skills test.

Next week I do know that we will be making "Roger's" Sauerkraut and Rye bread recipe ... that will be interesting as Roger never was able to make it rise.
I know on Friday coming up we have a "Nutrition" test that we have to take and you have to have at least 80% to pass.  I read and look at nutrition everyday and I still don't get a lot of it.  Some of it is common sense so that won't be too bad but all the big words and the statics that you have to remember might just be the death of me.  I will try real hard to pass this just as I have tried with everything else since I have started school.

Culinary word of the day meaning:  A drink made from a fermented mixture of honey and water; also known as honey wine.

The picture above was taken in my mom's backyard last Saturday.  I think that it is very cool as I got the bee too!
So, the rest of this weekend I will just be studying and getting ready to go back to school on Monday.  I also am trying to write a speech that I have to give at a luncheon on 9.26.  I have written it twice but anyone who reads it thinks that it needs to be changed and I am not sure that it matters at all because once I get up in front of all of the women to talk I will probably loose my voice and make a fool of myself.  So, do I really need a speech?

I will let you go for now.  Everyone have a wonderful weekend and stay dry and warm.  I will check in on Monday with new pictures and tell you about the food that we made/are making for the week.  Take care everyone and bye for now from 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment