Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sushi today

The maker of the wonderful Sushi

California Roll









 Good evening everyone.  Today we had a demonstration on how to make Sushi and it was really fun to watch the really happy guy to the left do just that.  I personally don't like the "fish" sushi but the all vegetable ones were not too bad at all.  As you can see by the pictures they are wonderful to look at too ... very colorful.  Some of the ingredients that go into making these is: seaweed, spice sesame seed, crab, avocado, cucumber, ginger, wasabi, soy sauce, tuna (yellow fin), hot chili sauce, and shrimp tempura.  Some of them had a good bite to them .. if you like it HOT then it was for you.
Spicy Tuna Roll

Culinary word of the day:  turbot (thur-bow)


Assortment (Shrimp Tempura, Tuna, and California) rolls
Today other than the demonstration on the Sushi we did have things to do in our own kitchen but nothing that was picture worthy.  I thought that you would like these pictures much better ... and what a nice smile that man above has!
  
We did make today a stir-fry of all vegetables and with a spicy sort of hot sauce on it all over rice and it was very good.   I actually ate quite a bit of it today.  I am usually all about the sweets but today there wasn't too many to pick from so I stuck with the good stuff.  Also, today we stuffed some healthy granny smith apples ... they were a little over done but still very tasty.

I went today and got my hand checked out and the Dr. said that it will get a lot worse before it is going to be any better, I am only starting to feel all of the damage that I really did ... my entire right side hurts but they assure me that nothing is broken and I will be fine.  So, I guess that is that, I have been released from Dr.'s care ...

Culinary word of the day meaning:  A diamond-shaped flatfish found in the Atlantic Ocean off Europe and in the Mediterranean Sea; it has a silvery-brown skin, a firm, white flesh, a delicate flavor and weighs up to 30 lbs.  A marketing name given to several Pacific Ocean flat-fish of no culinary significance.  
So for today I will be saying good night.  I have had a very long day and I am just going to chill and do some Nutrition reading and get ready for school tomorrow.  I do have a really (I think so) Bacon Jam recipe to share with you but that will have to be for tomorrow.

I am also feeling very guilty for not working "Keego Skate Night" tonight.  I have worked it every year for past 8 years and I just couldn't get it together enough today to make myself go over there and help.  I think that school is way more important at this time so I need to go with what I feel is right.

Have a good night and good night my friends.  Take care and I will check in tomorrow.  Good bye from 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment