Friday, September 16, 2011

I can breath now.

So cute!
Good evening my fellow readers.  Hope that this post finds you all well and ready for a great weekend.

This is going to be short and sweet tonight as there is not much to tell you.
Culinary word of the day:  
tranche (tranch)
I went to school today to take the Nutrition test and before we started the test we were told that we would have a study period for two hours before and then the test.  Well, that never happened ... we walked in and took the test .. so that was sure a shock to my system.  I didn't have time to get all bent out of shape and worry about it as we were handed the test, told to clear our desks and have 3 feet between each person taking the test and then to do it.  I was very worried until I saw the test ... I think that I did quite well on it as I did study and study.  I will not know my score for about 7-10 days .. so, I will get back to you about this and how I did.

Today a fellow student named Randy came over to try and help me  for the next MOD ... that is the one with all of the MATH in it and we already know how good I am at math.  The truth is that I am not any good at all but he was going over it with me to try to help me understand it better.  For anyone who is interested ... Randy will help you with anything that you need help with.  He is knowledgeable and would be a very good person to get some help from.  I know that he helped me with the Nutrition and it paid off.  

Right now I am trying to get the menu ready for my finals next week.  We have to make a chicken dish with a homemade bread (mine will be the Sauerkraut Rye bread) that I will be making into rolls, and we need a starch, vegetable and dessert.  Doesn't sound too hard ... does it?

Culinary word of the day meaning:  1>French for a slice. 2>A slice (usually of fish) that is cut on the diagonal to increase the apparent size of the item.
Well, I am going to call it a day for now and try to relax for awhile before I go to bed.  Everyone have a wonderful evening and I will post again tomorrow.  Saying good bye for now from 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment