Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Field Trip to HFH, West Bloomfield

Inside Garden taken from above
Where they make the soup
Main station
     
Prep for all out-going meals
 Good evening to all.

As you all know we went on a field trip today to Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield to see what the new state of the art kitchen is all about.

Culinary word of the day:  hare
I am here to tell you that it was fantastic!  I would be lost in that place ... rooms, coolers, walk-in and storage everywhere.  There is not one thing that they did not think of when they were re-doing the hospital.  It is like a little city that you are walking into when you walk in the front door.  Unbelievable!  Also the menu that they have come up with and the codes so that everyone gets what they order according to their particular diet restrictions ... it is fascinating to see what they have done and how smooth that it is running.

All of the prices on the food were very reasonable as well. They only accept MC and Visa, If you are there for a meal.

Farmers Market inside the Hospital
It was a trip that I was glad I was able to go on ... 

There was a beauty shop in the little city, two inside gardens ... one for quiet and one for wedding, graduations, etc.  They also had an entire section that was "Art".  I took some pictures but they are had to place with the pictures that I already have here.  Also they have a spa with all of the trimmings.  They have a store in there as big as a Target or store of that size ... and the stuff is beautiful that they carry.


Meaning for Culinary word of the day: Any of a variety of larger rabbits, usually not domesticated; generally, they have a lean, darkish flesh with a chewy texture and an earthy flavor.

Well, all my fellow readers.  I think that tomorrow in the Oakland Press is going to be the first time that I "blog" is in print ... it's only up-hill from there, right?  So, for now I wish everyone a great evening and I will check in again tomorrow with news about the OP and school.  Take care and stay warm .. signing off for now from 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment