Sunday, September 25, 2011

Resting today

Ann Thornton
Good morning fellow readers.  Hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

I am so sorry that I have not posted a note to you in the past couple of days but it has been an unreal past few days. 
Ann and I
First we had finals all week last week and then on Thursday and Friday for 7 hours each day we made 3,000 moon pies to sell at the "What's Cooking Detroit" event.  And then yesterday (Saturday) I worked at the actual event.  I was one of the main prep people for the Food Network star Ann Thornton.  Chef David and myself worked like crazy to make sure that everything was just right for her when she got on stage to give her presentation.  What a thrill it was to work so close with a real star.

Chef David and I work very well together.  I like his teaching methods very much ... he teaches with kindness.  We have worked several times together now and I can learn anything from him.  I think that I am going into the Pastry field when this is all over with.  I have 6 months to go and it is only going to get harder for here on out but I am sure that I can do it ... and I hope that I can carry the grades that I have a present but that remains to be seen.
Anyhow back to Ann Thornton.  She is a star ... very people friendly and had a great stage presence.  It was so great watching her do her thing.  The recipes that we had to prepare for her were Spicy Smoky S'mores Bars and Fudgy Salty Peanut Butter Brownies. 


Since this was just like a Food Network show you had to have it ready like they do on TV so we had to bake a final product for her to pull out of the oven and then we had to make a particle one and then we had to get all of the ingredients ready like she was doing it her self and set it all up on her stage for her and we had to cut the final one and place it on the platters and then the clean up of the stage for the next star and then that clean up and set up again for Ann.  It was a very long exciting day.

Tomorrow will be another first for me.  I am going to be a speaker for the Gary Bernstein Free Clinic.   I am very afraid but I know that I can do it ... they are counting on me.  I have been getting help from the Clinic now for about 1 1/2 years and I so appreciate all that they have done for me so this is the least that I can do to show my appreciation.  I hope that I made it through this speech without too much trouble.  I just rewrote it and it doesn't sound too bad to be so I think that I will quit worrying about it and just go with it.  So, I will have another exciting day to write about tomorrow night and then it will be sort of dull for writing the rest of the week as we are on a break until Monday, October 3rd.

I will keep you update throughout the week with any news.
Have a really great Sunday and catch up with you all later ... 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment