Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Dorsey Cafe'

A very good afternoon to all of you out there reading my blog.  Hope that you are all doing well today.

What a day today at school, I have not been this excited in a while now ... wow ... I don't know where to start.

We are having a Cafe style lunch tomorrow and I guess that there will be many people invited to this thing.  Each team has to put out 10 plates some with sides, desserts and or appetizers.  We all did not have to do it all for each plate ... I mean like Chef divided up the appetizers, desserts and salads.  

I have come home for the second day in a row smelling like a giant fish.  I have scaling and fileting fish down ... until he asks us to do it again anyways. I know now for sure that I want to go into the world of "baking" and skip all of the strange stuff ... or shall I say smelly stuff?

So, where the X's are on the menu is what Team 1 is responsible for to make for the Cafe tomorrow.  This will be a menu that is handed out and someone will take an order and then the team with the food ordered will cook the food to order and then plate it for service.  It sounds like a lot of fun and knowledge but I don't think that it will be that easy at all.  I think that the food that is cooked as ordered will be just fine but I think that it is going to be hard to keep the sides and vegetables warm so they all are hot at the same time.  However it goes I am up for the challenge and I will take some pictures for you to see how we did and plated our food items.

Również Mam coś do przyjmowania... Chef Abbey okazała się być jednym z nicest, najbardziej wykwalifikowani nauczyciele, które mają miałem dotąd. He makes me pchania mojego własnego do granicy oraz myślenia poza polem i I 'm naprawdę wyjściowych cieszyć się że. Po got over strach i ule i osiedlili się I 'm naprawdę korzystających to i przepraszam, że istnieją tylko 6 więcej tygodni po lewej. Myślę, że mogę należy zarejestrować ponownie po raz drugi wokół.
 
I guess that sometimes the teaches do know best ... or at least have a better idea of what is going to happen that you do.  I tend to like things in order and know where I am going and what I am doing and when it seemed like that wasn't happening it through me off course but I waited it out and went with the flow and here I am really enjoying school again.  Thank you to all of the Chefs at Dorsey Culinary Academy!
 
So for now I will be signing off.  I have a lot of homework to get ready for the Cafe tomorrow.  Myself being the organized person that I am have a lot of prep work to type out so I team can "shine" tomorrow.  We will not be left at the back of the class ... 

Have a wonderful day and evening ... another post to come tomorrow.  Good bye from 1HappyChef.  :) 
Hola Frank....:

No comments:

Post a Comment