Thursday, November 24, 2011

German/Russian

Sauerbraten
Hello to all of my wonderful readers.  I forgot to post on Tuesday with what we made so today I have to do two posts for you ... with pictures.

On Tuesday we did German and Russian food and it was quite the challenge in the time frame that we have to work with but as you can see the food looks pretty darn good and I am here to tell you that it was very good.

German Potato Salad
On the menu we had Soft Pretzels with assorted Mustard's, Kartoffel-Kloesse (Potato Dumplings), Cabbage-Beet Borscht, Pikanter Moehrensahat (Spicy Carrot Salad), Cucumber Dill, German Potato Salad, Pierogi with Kilbasa and Kapusta, Red Wine Vinegar Beets, Stuffed Cabbage, Braised Kohalrabi, Sauerbraten, Purne Bread Pudding and Kuchen.  And on the Russian menu we had:  Wild Mushroom Caviar, Moldavian Marinated Peppers, Zest Eggplant Slices, Black Bread, Russian Cabbage, Byelo Russian Wild Mushroom and Noodle, Tomato and Garlic Salad, Cucumbers in Sour Cream, Uzbek Lamb Stew, Beef Stroganoff, Haddock and Scalloped Potatoes, Lavish Chocolate Meringue Cake, Apple Baba, Spicy Carrots with Cumin, Potato Pancakes, Pelmeni, Fried Cucumbers, Chicken Stewed in Sour Cream and Cheese and Noodle Casserole.  Wow, see what I mean about the time limit thing?

I will report that we did get it done in time ... maybe we were 5 or so minutes late but we did it and with a lot of help from Chef Abbey we got out plating done and it was all very pretty and presentable and pleasing to the eye.  No one like the Sauerbraten .... I guess either you like it or you don't like it ... most in the school on Tuesday did not like it.  I had made it before at home and my was in the form of a roast and I thought that it turned out very good but because of time we had to make this like a stew so it would be cooked all the way through.

So, I will let you go for now and tell you in another post about the Chinese menu from yesterday and the visit from my sisters to enjoy it with me.  Signing off for now from 1HappyChef.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment