Saturday, November 19, 2011

Poland/Polish

Country Style Pork Ribs
Good afternoon everyone on this lovely Saturday.  Hope that this post finds everyone well.

Thursday was Polish day in the kitchen and boy or boy was it ever good ... as you can see by the pictures.

Sausage Cheese Bites
One the menu was:  Caramelized Onion Tart-lets, Marinated Olives, Sausage Cheese Bites, Green and White Salad, Cucumber Salad, Sauerkraut Soup w/Buttermilk Rye Bread, Split Pea and Sausage Soup, Pickle Soup, Old-Fashioned Cabbage Rolls, Tender Cabbage and a host of other ingredients simmered together for a hearty meal, Country-Style Pork Ribs, Beef Roulade, Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary, Green Beans with Sliced Almonds and Garlic Butter Sauce, Carrots with Garlic Sauce, Peach Mazurka and last of all Coffee Cake. 

Table 1, team 1 was responsible for the things in the pictures to the right of this ... everything except the stuffed Cabbage Rolls, that was another teams job.

Pickle Soup
Angie is the one who picked this menu for the class to cook on Thursday and she got to invite her family to share in our lunch.  We are short some students now so even Chef Abbey pinched  in and made all of the soup for us.

It all turned out very nice and I think that Angie's family enjoyed what they got to eat.

Old-Fashioned Cabbage Rolls
My week "China" is this coming week.  I think on Tuesday we will be doing more Polish/German food ... Chef Abbey has picked that and then on Wed. it is time for me to serve my China lunch to Darcy, Renee' and maybe her husband Roger.  I hope that I can make it very special for them.  Should I make them eat with chop sticks?  That would be really mean ... wouldn't it?
As for the rest of the weekend I am just taking it easy as my hip and leg are really bothering me.  I was going to go and get a couple of groceries and I can't even walk around the store the way that it feels right now.  I took a couple of pills and I am hoping that it feels better in a short time so I can take care of a few things.  No worries on Monday as that is our bookwork class all day ... so, only two days on my feet this week because of Thanksgiving.

Sauerkraut Soup
So, for me for now I think that I will say good bye.  I hope that you all have a really great day and weekend.  Good bye from 1HappyChef.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment