Tuesday, November 15, 2011

France/French

Good evening everyone.  Hope that everyone is well tonight.

Today at school we did "French" cooking.

Based on an ever evolving history, French food derived from political and social change.  The classics were codified in the 20th century by Escoffier.  Regional Cuisine is a large influence in the types of food eaten and the style of cuisine.

The major foods in France are Wine, Cheese, Herbs, Seafood, Fresh water fish and Meats.   Lunch would be their big meal of the day .. it could take up to at least 2 hours to eat this meal.

France consists of 22 regions.  It has a huge culture of Wine consumption.  It is very rich in culinary history, its Regional Cuisine characterized by its extreme diversity and style and the Brigade system was invented in France.
So, there is a little bit about France.
 
Today, table 1 or team 1 was responsible for the appetizers and the Boeuf a la Gordienne (Provencal Braised Beef) with Dauphinouse Potatoes.

The picture in the middle has all of our appetizers that we made ... we even made the baguettes for the appetizers. The 3 that we made are Anchoiade (Anchovy Spread), Tapenade (Olive Spread) and Cervelle De Canut (Herbed Cheese Spread) w/2 baguettes to spread the spreads on.
 
The top picture is a picture of "French" fish ... no, I am just kidding.  It is Loup Au Fenouil (Grilled Bass with Fennel and Boignets De Legumes (Vegetable Fritters).  And the picture of the Lobster is stuffed lobster.  I did not try it but the people who did eat it said that both the fish and the lobster were excellent.

Tomorrow we are moving on to Italian.  It is Molly's turn to impress with all of her Italian dishes that she has picked out for us to make.  Molly is on my team so it will be fun helping her with her dishes.  Can't wait!  You go Molly ... I am sure that it will be delish!

Today I made it through the entire day without much pain until the very end.  After school I went and picked up my new glasses (and now I can really see) and then I came home to do recommended exercises and then I took to the couch to get off of it for the rest of the night.  I hope that it can just hang in there for a little while longer so I can finish school.

For now it will be good night from 1HappyChef.  I will have more for you tomorrow about the Italian way of cooking and a little history and some more pictures.  Have a really great night everyone.  Take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment