Thursday, November 24, 2011

China/Chinese


Hello again from 1HappyChef.  

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to one and to all!  Hope that everyone has a wonderful day with loved ones.

Renee', Denise and Darcy
Darcy and Denise
As for me after the past two weeks in school I am ready for some American food ... turkey, stuffing and all of the trimmings.  I will be spending part of my day with my sister Heidi and her family and my mother and my sister Gretchen.  I hardly ever get a chance to visit with them so that will be very nice ... yes, it will be very nice.  And then later in the day I will be spending   some time with my best gal-pal Karen.  Her and I hardly ever get any together time either because of our schedules so it will also be very nice to catch up with her later today.  I am looking forward to the entire day ... it will indeed be a good one!

Yesterday was my day at school.  It finally happened ... China/Chinese.  All of the weeks that I was moaning and groaning ... it finally happened.
It turned out very good ... only 5 other students besides myself showed up to help cook the menu that I had worked on and picked out but we all pitched in and everyone did one hell of a good job.  I want to thank each and everyone one of them for all of the effort that they made to make this happen for me and my guests.  So a big shout goes out to Angie, Molly, Dray, Kyi Kyi, and Esther and maybe Vlad was there for part of the time.  Anyhow, it couldn't have been done without any of you ... thank you!

On the Chinese menu was:  Drunken Chicken, Jian Bing, Dumplings w/Dip, Spicy Hot and Sour Soup, Lion's Head Soup, Chinese Chicken Salad, Cold Pasta Salad, Pork Tenderloin, Green Beans and Asian Noodles, Pot Roast, Braised Zucchini and Sesame Rice, Happy family, Hot/Sour Eggplant and Steamed Rice, almond Cookies and Sticky Rice Cake.

I do have to report the the "Chinese Dessert" is not like our desserts.  Theirs had very little sugar in them ... it did not even taste like you were eating a dessert at all ... more like eating a roll or biscuit.  I think that I will just stick to America desserts to satisfy my sweet tooth .. much better I think.
Also, most things Chinese are very spicy ... so, if you are not into the spicy things then authentic Chinese food would not be for you.  It was all very good but most of it had a "kick" to it.

Well, I need to get moving so I can get to Heidi's and help her with the things that she is preparing for us this Thanksgiving day.  So, I will be saying good bye for now from 1HappyChef.  Everyone enjoy your day and thank you again to everyone who helped me yesterday ... you are the best!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone ... until next time .... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment