Thursday, November 3, 2011

What a great day at school!

Scallops/Butternut Squash-Apple Risotto
Good evening to everyone out there tonight.  I hope that everyone is doing very well.

Today was a day to remember.  Dorsey Cafe ... wow, at times during this day I didn't want to go on.  It seemed today as if our team was not on their whole game today. 
Tomato Basil Tart/Balsamic Reduction

Grilled Tenderloin/Rutabaga Puree & Sauce Charon
I was sure that I did everything that I could to get us ready for the day but there were a few glitches and tempers were high today for some reason.  Is there a full moon out or something?

Anyhow in the end it all worked out and it only took us almost an extra hour to get the kitchen cleaned after we served 40 people.
The dishes on this post are the dishes that my team ... team 1 put out.  The top one is Scallops with Butternut Squash-Apple Risotto, "melted" leeks and a demi-glaze.  It was to perfection if I don't say so myself.  The next picture is of the appetizer that we made.  It was a Tomato Basil Tart with a Balsamic Reduction and everyone loved it and the presentation and said that it was so good that it could have been the whole meal.  Then the bottom picture is of our Grilled Tenderloin with Rutabaga Puree, Green beans with mushrooms and Sauce Charon.

All and all I think that it was a very good day.  We missed you Chef Abbey and I think that I ask so many questions (or sometimes I am just talking to myself) and Chef Darren thought that I was asking him questions that he was probably glad that he was only a substitute.  That is how I learn ... asking lots and lots of questions.

Hard to believe that next week is Mid-terms already and then we only have 6 weeks left in this mod and then it is on to our externship.  Wow, time flies when you are having fun and enjoying what you are doing.  School has been an overall great experience for me.  Thanks you Dorsey Culinary Academy!
I will be going for now as I need to get a little sleep so I can go to the extra credit class tomorrow at school.  You get 5 extra points and I will learn about how is the right way to go into and handle an interview.  I bet that is has really changed since the last time I was interviewed?

Have a really great evening and I will post more tomorrow.  Good night from 1HappyChef.  ")

No comments:

Post a Comment