Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just a short update ... "Tomato Rose"

Good Saturday morning everyone ... hope that everyone is doing well today.  I just want to report that things may be looking up a little (a very little) for me ... baby steps, but never the less going forward.  This past week in school was a little stressful because we missed Monday due to Easter break so I am hoping that this coming week gets back to more normal.  It was a hectic week to say the least cooking sauces and sauces that can be made with those sauces and learning the really tough ones to make like Hollandaise.  And then there was the special credit day yesterday so we were in the kitchen again making more sauces and sauces out of those sauces.  This week we are moving on and starting other things like how to get through the ServSafe Test and the Math part of Culinary School.  Frankly my brain is not wired to do math ... I mean I can get buy but I am NO good at it ... wonder what that will do to my "A" when all is said and done?  Can't worry about it now ... must just plug along.  I have already surprised myself and done much better than I though.  Most of the time though because of such a large class it feels like a three ring circus ... but slowly but surly we are figuring it out.  I have no new pictures to share at this time but will have more to report Monday after school.  Have a great weekend everyone ... signing off for now from 2HappyChefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment