Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday and off today.

Good evening to everyone reading our blog.  How are you all doing today?  I hope that the sun comes out soon.  Today there was NO extra credit class because it is Good Friday and yesterday we also found out that there is NO school on Monday either because of Easter.  As nice as it is to get time off I am not enjoying it so much as I was just getting into a routine that was not too bad and now with 4 days off I will have to start all over again.  One good thing though is that we got all kinds of homework to do so the extra days will make it a little easier to get it all done.  We got our first evaluation on Thursday and I did very well.  I was not surprised but maybe just a little .. I thought that I was doing poorly on the test part of the class but I am doing pretty good with them so over all I am doing well.  I do realize that it is only going to get harder from here on out so I still have to study very hard.  Over this weekend I am going to make homemade Ravioli from scratch ... reading the book it is quite a long process and takes some time for the filling to chill and the dough to rest and then the time to put it through the pasta machine (which I have had for at least 8 years) and this is the first time it has been out of the box.  So, not only is this going to be good practice but take some time too.  I can't wait to see/eat the finished product.  I will take pictures tomorrow for all to see.  Well, have a great evening ... signing off from 2HappyChefs.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment