Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Almost leaving for day three.

Good morning everyone out there.  What a wonderful day it is going to be.  I want to report that the cut that I got on my thumb is almost better but the one on my ring hand probably should have had stiches in it but it will heal eventually.  We wear rubber gloves when handling the food so no worry for finger in your food.  We are very careful about that.  Today we are learning about "Mise en Place" meaning everything set up and cleaned and in it's place.  This is a system to make everything easier for the busy Chef and all of his helpers.  And the other thing that we are learning today is "Principles of Cooking".  That is all about Heat Transfer and Convection/Conduction, deep frying, sauteing, roasting, pan frying, moist-heat cooking and dry-heat cooking.  I think that this should be very interesting and I can't wait to get there and get to work.  I am hoping by this time that the class is settling down and that it will run more smoothly from here on out ... we will see.  Well, all of you out there reading about our cooking adventures have a really great day.  Signing off from 2HappyChefs.  Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment