Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ravioli OMG

Hi everyone.  Today I made homemade Ravioli and I have to tell you what a project that was.  My back hurts so bad ... yesterday I started by making the filling with ricotta cheese and spinach so it could chill over night and then today I made the pasta from scratch and I have to tell you it took more than several tries to figure out the pasta machine.  By the time I did figure it out I was so done with the whole thing but then I had all of these good ingredients and I didn't want to waste them so I kept plugging along and when it was all said and done I ended up with about 50 Ravioli's.  They are not perfect by any means ... I guess that you could say that they are rustic.  After I cooked them in boiling water for a short time to cook the pasta then I fried them to get them brown and then for the sauce I put a little brown butter over them, cracked pepper and fresh parsley and I have to tell you ... very, very good!  Well, this is my weekend project and I have to tell you that I am so glad that I did it today and didn't wait until Sunday to do it as now I have a few days for my back to heal.  I will post a picture with this post so you can see the finished product.  Signing off for now from 2HappyChefs.  Have a great Saturday and Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment