Sunday, May 1, 2011

Good day to everyone out there on this "going to be later" beautiful day!  It will be a nice one before the start of next week and the grind of school to enjoy.  Today is just more Culinary Math for me.  I am having a very difficult time with this.  Sure I can look the answers up on the Internet but we don't have access to the Internet in school so I need to find a way to work it out with a calculator (which we can use in school).  I don't know why my mind is so blocked off to learning math.  Here is something I can share with you all so you can see just how difficult this has been for me ... Here goes,  the question was how many pounds does a gallon of milk weigh?  I don't drink milk so I don't even have a gallon jug laying around to look on to see what it says so the next best thing I can think of to do is email and ask my mother ... she should know, right?  Nope, she drinks milk but not by the gallon so then I get this bright idea to go to the corner store to look on a gallon jug.  Well before I get to the milk I get a cherry pie and other things that I don't need or really want but I am thinking that the cherry pie could really help me with my math problem so then I get to the milk and one gallon of milk weighs 3.75 liters.  So now I have to come home and of course eat the entire pie before I get to work trying to make liters into pounds ... it was so good.  Anyways, after gas, time and money comes to find out that one gallon of milk weighs about 8.50 pounds.  And this is the way this has been going for me from the beginning ... long, slow, hard and in "my mind" very complicated.  So, I will practice again most of the day today and hope that some of it sinks in so I will not fail this part.  Back to work for 2HappyChefs.  Have a really great day and I will be back tomorrow to update you on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment