Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day after Croquembouche ...

Good afternoon everyone.

Boy, it is so interesting the way things work.  I worked and worked on the Croquembouche and as you saw the other day I got them all put together and I started giving them away.  I have to tell you the feedback that I am getting is not what I expected.

Since yesterday we have had so many laughs about the Croquembouche.  See, after the Carmel sets it is hard as a rock ... like rock candy ... and in the Croquembouche directions it says to hit the thing with the back of a knife to break it open so you can start eating the puffs ... easier said than done.  First of all the broken Carmel gets all over the kitchen ... when you break it ... it shatters like glass.  What a mess .. and even though you break it they are still so stuck together you need to wrestle it to get the puffs loose.  We have been laughing and laughing since I started giving these away yesterday.

I also got some more news yesterday that I will tell you more about when I find out more.  I will tell you that I went to the "girly" Doctor yesterday and I have another operation in my near future but I don't know any more than that right now.

So ... as Croquenbouche's go ... I had a lot of fun with the project that took me about 6 days to complete.  And the feedback and the laughs that we are getting from it are"PRICELESS"!

I am not sure what the new project will be ... any ideas out there?  I will be thinking with you to see what I can do next.

Have a really great day on this very sunny, bright and very pretty day.  Signing off for now from 1HappyChef.  :)  Take care everyone ..

No comments:

Post a Comment