Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Croquembouche

Good afternoon everyone.

When I got up this morning I decided that I was going to start some sort of project ... no matter how bad I hurt and really wasn't up to it.  I have been laying around hurting and feeling sorry for myself too long so here is what I ended up doing.


I have been dreaming for about a week now about making a "Croquembouche" ... (it was probably the drugs that made me do it) you all know what that is right?  In my sleep I have been baking, making and putting this thing together for so long now I feel as if I could do it in my sleep.

So, when I got up today I made 100 mini cream puffs ... the base for the Croquembouche.  Pictures included.  Tomorrow I will make the Bavarian Pastry Cream and then allow it to cool over night and then you have to fill all 100 cream puffs with the cream ... so now I got to Friday ... yea!  Busy again at last.  Then when you have that step done then you make some caramel and you dip each cream puff into the caramel (it acts as glue) and you begin building a tree sort of shape.  When the tree is built you can also drizzle it with chocolate or I may use the caramel ... I really like caramel.

I will take pictures every step of the way so you can all see how this is done and how really fantastic this thing is when it is done!

This is something that I always wanted to do in school but we never got around to it and it always fascinated me.  I am very excited about this little project that I have created for myself.

Have a really great afternoon everyone ... signing off for now from 1HappyChef.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment